Monday 10 May 2010

Laying Horses For Profit

If you are a regular visitor of this site you will probably know I lay horses all the time. In fact it is probably my most profitable betting venture for the past few years now. And I will admit this to you right now, I don't like horse racing that much! I only bet on it because at the moment it is one of the easiest ways to make money for me. Make sure you read that 'for me' I included at the end of that last sentence. Just because I am doing well laying horses does not guarantee you will succeed as well, it could just be I have a 'gift' at finding horses that just plain wont win. The way I do it and this is no big secret is I look for reasons a certain horse wont win the race, note this down and then look for other horses that can win in its place. No big secret there; just find reasons the horse will not win and then find another horse that can win in it's place. Then I lay off the horse that I dont think will win and take my profit! (For a more in depth look at how I determine what horses wont win check out the Losing Qualities guide.) So that's my big betting strategy! Sounds easy doesn't it? Well before you go running off to betfair laying off horses left, right and center there are a few things you should keep in mind. Don't lay off huge priced horses - This is the fastest way to huge losses. Long priced horses do win and they will cripple you when they do. Especially because on betting exchanges long priced horses odds are even higher than they should be because of the inflated odds exchanges have. Keep it short - Price and Field I mean. Under 4.5 odds is what I usually go for and is where I usually get the most profit. Keep an eye on competitors - Remember you need a horses that can beat your lay as well. So it is no use if you lay off a 3/1 shot when the next horse is 12/1 to win. Check the size of the field and the odds of nearest competitors and keep this in mind. So this post was only supposed to give you the basic idea of why I lay horses and to answer some of the questions I've received on the topic, I'll leave it to you to do the proper research on your own, just remember with every type of betting the more you put in the more you get out. So do the work put in the effort and you will see the returns. Also I cannot take all of the credit for laying horses being my biggest earner at the moment. Laying Horses Tipsters are probably my biggest monthly expense at the moment, an expense I consider to be totally worth it. The most profitable tipster I use is Martin's Better Betting, which in the past 3 years has only had 3 losing months and is easily the cheapest of them all.

http://www.topbettingguides.com

No comments:

Post a Comment